2017 USC Interfraternity Council Scholarship Application
Description: The Interfraternity Council now offers up to $18,000 in scholarships to members of IFC fraternities in good standing. The Interfraternity Council Scholarship Program is designed to recognize fraternity members who exhibit academic excellence and have made outstanding contributions to the greek community and to USC as a whole. The IFC Scholarship program is a new initiative resulting from a reallocation of funds for the purpose of acknowledging achievement and giving back to fraternity members.
Click here to view profiles on our first scholarship recipients!
Amount: A maximum of twelve scholarships of varying amounts will be awarded.
- Applicants must be a member in good standing of a fraternity recognized by the Interfraternity Council of USC
- Applicants must have at least a USC Cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants must have demonstrated academic excellence and exemplary community impact
Application Deadline: Check Back Soon!
Theta Chi – Frederick Norton Freeman Scholarship
The Beta Tau Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity is pleased to offer the Frederick Norton Freeman Scholarship, named in honor of the Theta Chi co-founder. The Scholarship will be awarded to one outstanding undergraduate male on the basis of academic merit, leadership ability, and service to the community.
Description: All undergraduate males who are not members of an IFC fraternity are invited to apply.
Amount: $300 awarded in one lump sum to a selected applicant.
1) USC Cumulative GPA (or high-school GPA, if applicant is a first-semester freshman)
2) Campus Leadership
4) Community Service
Theta Xi – BALANCE Scholarship
Description:Theta Xi is proud to offer $500 scholarships to outstanding rushees who exemplify our core pillars of BALANCE – Brotherhood, Academics, Leadership, Adventure, Nobility, Community, and Extreme. Up to three scholarships will be awarded to Rushees each semester. The online scholarship application is due before the end of rush week, at which point rushees will be awarded their scholarships.
Apply now at http://thetaxiusc.com/scholarships/
Delta Tau Delta – Scholarship
Description: To provide a $500 scholarship to four (4) outstanding male representatives from the class of 2015 who best demonstrate our founding values and fulfill the criteria below:
- Refer to application process below for requirements and supporting documents needed
- Delta Tau Delta seeks quality men who have demonstrated leadership, commitment to service, and academic excellence in the past, and look to further promote these values through involvement in Greek organizations.
- The scholarship contains financial aid in two pieces: the first, a $150 academic scholarship to selected students, and the second, a $350 leadership scholarship for any award winners that choose to become new members in Delta Tau Delta Fraternity in the Spring Semester of 2012.
- Finalists will be contacted and may be required to interview with the current Director of Academic Affairs.
Please send the following information in the body of an e-mail to USCDeltScholars@gmail.com
- Full name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Permanent Address
- Campus Residence (if applicable)
- Date of Birth
- High School GPA (4.0 scale)
- List of academic honors, awards, memberships etc. while in high school
- List community service activities, athletics, hobbies or other areas of interest or involvement
- Personal Essay: Why do you want to go Greek? (250-500 words)
Interfraternity Parents Council – Scholarship
Description: You must be a junior planning to graduate, enrolled in a minimum of 12 units each semester and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Your fraternity must be a dues-paying member of the IFPC and your fraternity status must be “active”.
Check back soon for the deadline!
- Click on “Please click here to complete the 2013-2014 scholarship application”
- Next click on the box under “Alumnae Coordinating Council”
- Next click the box for “Interfraternity Parents Council”. (You may also click on any other organizations that you feel are appropriate). This will bring up most of the IFPC eligibility requirements (see above) and also the subjects we’d like you to address in Section 3 of the application, if applicable. PLEASE be sure to include the NAME OF YOUR FRATERNITY in Section 3.
Application: Visit Site
Alpha Gamma Omega – Meritorious Scholarship
Description: Scholarship applicants will be evaluated on the basis of all the information provided. No category is more or less important than any other. Winners may be requested to provide verification of their academic performance during high school and their College enrollment.
Beta Theta Pi – Men of Principle Scholarship
Description: Beta Theta Pi offers scholarships of $1000 for non-Greek male students at the University of Southern California. The scholarship is intended for men who demonstrate devotion to academic achievement and a commitment to making both the university and community better places to live. Most importantly, it is for men who desire to develop skills that will help them become successful in college, but will also carry over to their professional and personal lives.
IFC – Philanthropy Grant Program
Description: The IFC Philanthropy Grant is designed to contribute funds to Greek AND Non-Greek Organizations that could use a hand in funding philanthropic events.
- Philanthropy Fund provides funds for organizations to do hands-on community service and outreach.
- Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date funding is needed.
- Fraternities recognized through the Interfraternity Council are eligible for funding.
- Proposed events must focus on hands-on community service. Fundraisers will not be funded.
- Student organizations may only receive up to $200 throughout the semester, with the following exceptions:
- Items that will not be funded include reimbursements on alcoholic beverages, food, clothing, etc.
- Reimbursement is contingent upon the approval of the IFC Executive Board.
- Completed application.
- Must be typed. Hand-written applications will not be considered.
- Proposed budget
- Supplementary information may also be submitted as the more detail you provide, the easier it will be to process your application
Obligations of the Organization
- Designate Philanthropy Chair responsible for completing and turning in the application to the IFC Director of Philanthropy.
- If the proposal is approved the fraternity shall be is granted up to $200 to be received after the proposed event, contingent upon adherence to all aforementioned rules and stipulations.
- After the event is completed the philanthropy chair will give all receipts to the IFC Director of Philanthropy and the fraternity will be reimbursed up to $200.