Tips for Potential Members
- Don’t Go to the Row until Rush Starts — although houses will be hosting events at chapter houses during Move-In days, freshmen are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are found in violation of this rule you may lose THE ABILITY TO JOIN A FRATERNITY.
- Rush more than one chapter — with 24 different chapters forming our exceptionally diverse community, we believe that there is a place for every student at USC to be able to go greek. Use opportunities, such as the All Greek Open House to visit as many chapters as possible.
- Don’t drink — no fraternity is permitted to offer any rushee alcohol, and all rushees should refrain from alcohol consumption.
- Don’t stereotype a chapter or greeks in general — a successful rushee always dismisses stereotypes by meeting people and forming his own opinions.
- Ask Questions — feel free to ask questions about house values and programs.
- Be yourself — pick a chapter that matches your personality—don’t try to match theirs.
- Rush, even if you are unsure if greek life is for you — many greeks did not believe they would go greek until they rushed. Even if you don’t find a fit you will get to meet new people and have a good time doing it.
- You always have the option to hold — if you don’t know whether or not you want to go greek or can’t decide between two chapters you can take a week longer to weigh out your options. USC also offers the unique opportunity of having rush twice a year so there is always the spring semester.
If you are interested in participating in USC Fraternity Rush, please fill out this form.