Tips for Potential Members
- Don’t Go to the Row until Rush Starts — although houses will be hosting events at chapter houses during Move-In days, freshmen are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are found in violation of this rule you may lose THE ABILITY TO JOIN A FRATERNITY.
- Rush more than one chapter — with 24 different chapters forming our exceptionally diverse community, we believe that there is a place for every student at USC to be able to go greek. Use opportunities, such as the All Greek Open House on Sunday, August 26 to visit as many chapters as possible.
- Don’t drink — no fraternity is permitted to offer any rushee alcohol, and all rushees should refrain from alcohol consumption.
- Don’t stereotype a chapter or greeks in general — a successful rushee always dismisses stereotypes by meeting people and forming his own opinions.
- Ask Questions — feel free to ask questions about house values and programs.
- Be yourself — pick a chapter that matches your personality—don’t try to match theirs.
- Rush, even if you are unsure if greek life is for you — many greeks did not believe they would go greek until they rushed. Even if you don’t find a fit you will get to meet new people and have a good time doing it.
- You always have the option to hold — if you don’t know whether or not you want to go greek or can’t decide between two chapters you can take a week longer to weigh out your options. USC also offers the unique opportunity of having rush twice a year so there is always the spring semester.
If you are interested in participating in USC Fraternity Rush, please fill out this form.